The London Plan is a very important policy document guiding all development throughout every corner of London, including policies affecting all greenspace. It is currently under review. We, as the collective voice of London’s Friends Groups, have submitted our views on how these policies should be improved to be more effective in protecting green space. See below and attached.
The latest draft of the London Plan was published last week. This is the version that the inspectors are now reviewing: https://www.london.gov.uk/sites/default/files/draft_london_plan_-showing_minor_suggested_changes_july_2018.pdf
Below is the timetable for EiP:
- Mid September – Publication of draft list of matters and participants. Publication of additional London Plan evidence.
- Mid October – deadline for comments on draft list of matters and participants.
- Early November – Technical seminars (likely to be on waste and zero carbon policies only)
- Early November – Publication of final list of matters and participants (at least 6 weeks before EIP starts).
- Early December – first deadline for written statements in response to EIP matters.
- Mid January to May 2019 – EIP hearing sessions.
- Summer 2019 – Panel report.
To keep up to date keep an eye on the London Plan EiP page Examination in Public