Parks Community UK – News Update: December 2020
As the PCUK project serving the needs of Friends Groups gradually becomes integrated under the umbrella of our National Federation, excellent new guides and case studies continue to be added to the website. And the new ‘Better Friends’ checker tool is proving popular – over 100 local groups have already filled it in over the last 3 months.
1. Management Plans – how are they useful?
2. How to campaign to save a site under threat. Contains everything anyone might need to know.
3. A reminder to investigate the recently-created Better Friends Strength Checker – helping groups to evaluate their set up, membership, activities, partnerships, influence and vision for their site. All Friends Groups are urged to fill it in (its free) and get a special Report sent back to you! https://parkscommunity.org.uk/betterfriends/
4. Ever wondered how the UK Friends Group movement coordinates effectively, and links up with other greenspace organisations? Well, wonder no more because we have created a graphic showing just that! https://parkscommunity.org.uk/grassroots-action-manifesto/
5. Linking together
– Please note that PCUK aims to start doing regular Newsletters in the new year – if you want to get these please sign up here: https://parkscommunity.org.uk/mailing-list/
And tw: @ParksCommUK
– The NFPGS Newsletters of course continue – please sign up to those here: https://mailchi.mp/e96055cc98d2/nfpgs-newsletter-signup And tw: @natfedparks
A big thank you to all of you for all the efforts ‘on the ground’ throughout a very challenging year.
And best wishes to all for the coming year…
Dave MorrisNFPGS Chair